We’re delighted to announce the reopening of our branch in Broughty Ferry BY APPOINTMENT ONLY from Monday 31 August 2020.
If you do visit the office, we ask that you phone in advance to make an appointment. This enables us to follow government advice which includes ensuring 2 m social distancing and the wearing of face-coverings for all those over 12 years of age.
For the time being, we can only accommodate short appointments, such as signing paperwork or pre-arranged viewings.
Funeral arrangements can be done 24/7, 7 days a week by telephone or video. We’re also able to provide advice over the phone or by video on pre-planning whether that is our free Plans of Wishes service or prepayment funeral plans, as well as memorial support for new or existing stones or bereavement aftercare. We will keep you posted about reopening plans for Rothbury and Amble as they evolve.
A summary of general funeral developments is set out below:
- Services are still limited to 20 people but this number could be less depending on the venue’s ability to manage social distancing.
- Face coverings have to be worn by all mourners.
- Contact details per household will have to be provided for the trace, track and protect service, and we commit to destroying the data after 21 days.
- Limousines in our fleet have been fitted with protective screens.
- Many churches remain closed but crematoria are open.
- We continue to offer Orders of Service, attendance cards, online obituaries, and as part of our service, will collect clothing and return ashes within reasonable distances.
- Bereavement after care never ceased and we also offer this as standard for any of our clients or their families.
- Memorial planning for new or existing stones is also ongoing.
We continue to guide families through the maze of organising and preparing for funerals. Our standards have never changed with compassion, dedication, integrity and respect at the forefront of what we do.